Hello wonderful people! In this post, I would like to introduce myself and talk about my entrepreneurial journey and the life lessons I learnt in this journey of 22 years…
I’m a marketing obsessed, lover of nature, avid traveller, hobby photographer, friendly, sensitive, people’s person full of empathy. A mother of two children, two businesses and two hundred plants.
I always dreamed of becoming an architect and in high school, I was the only girl in the Mechanical Drawings class. I was passionate about structural drawings and aced at it. However, destiny had other plans and I ended up leaving Delhi for good and from science, I shifted to commerce. With much difficulty, I completed my CA Articles (Finance as a subject to me, is like what bitter-gourd is for most people.) It was time to get married and Mumbai – the city of dreams became my new home. True to its word, this city gave wings to my dreams. I post graduated in not one but two MBA’s- IT and HR. Due to parenting responsibilities, I left my job and started off as a partner to my first ever venture – an IT company developing websites and offering data entry services. Marketing being my core competency, I concentrated on business development and my then partner focused on all things technical. Well, life isn’t life if the curve only travels up, right? My partner quit the business overnight and I was left with a couple of staff, computers and a project with zero technical knowledge. It was then that my husband told me this powerful mantra of overcoming helplessness – “Just let it be. Sleep it over. Give yourself one more night and if nothing comes up, you can quit.” So I slept it over and when I woke up the next day, I woke up with a lot of determination and passion to make it large.
And in these 16 years since then, I got selected as one of the 10000 women entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, to be empowered by the ISB Mentoring Program. I won the International Quality Crown award as recognition for the service quality I provided. I gave employment to more than 100 people. I have two businesses, that I proudly own – A digital media agency – Arete Technologies and a handloom hub and boutique Studio – Oyetrenz. I am a Certified Business Coach and Image Consultant. I have done many courses on mindfulness and embraced the spiritual journey along the way. As many people call me – I am a monk who rides a Ferrari :).
I am also the founder of Business Growth Academy. I’m on a mission to help 100,000 Business Owners achieve Business Growth using Mindful Entrepreneurship and Digital Growth Strategies. I’m the creator of “Business Growth Launchpad” & “Digital Entrepreneurship Mastery”, two powerful courses to help in your business growth, especially using Digital Media.
Needless to say, in this journey of my life, I learned, tweaked, fixed and tried many new things. I faced many failures. I fell down many times. But just like the hit me toy, Whenever I fell down, I always bounced back with more energy.
22 Lessons learnt from my 22 years of entrepreneurial experience:
- Nothing is impossible.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Gratitude is my best attitude.
- Time & Tide wait for none.
- You can’t make everyone happy.
- Health is wealth.
- It’s all in the mind – keep it sane and positive.
- You need to make the most of your resources.
- There is no shame in not knowing. It’s ok to not be a know it all.
- Don’t take anything or anyone for granted.
- Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Be strong-minded. Just do it.
- Learn to let go and be clear of where you really want to head for.
- Every star in the universe is different, and so are you.
- There’s no perfect time for anything. The right time is now.
- Consistency is the key.
- The least expected things happen at your least expected time. Be open to miracles.
- Never give up on your dreams, fight your hardest for every dream of yours.
- Believe in yourself.
- In order to achieve your dreams and goals, you’ll go through tough times for sure but hold on!
- Droplets of dreams make an ocean of possibilities.
- Always have hope. Be optimistic about your future.